05 June 2009

Ben's Birthday



Ben turned eight on May 23rd. His party was last Saturday. He had a few friends over for pizza, games, a pinata, cake & ice cream.
The pinata is always the most exciting part for the kids. Unfortunately, this pinata, purchased at Target, was very lousy. The head got knocked off first. It was filled with paper, which explains why I couldn't fit much candy in the dumb thing.
They did enjoy playing with the head, though.
We went through all the children twice, and still couldn't bust it open.

We probably should have used string, not twine, as on the second round the twine broke frequently.Eventually, I pulled the paper out of the head, and they were able to get a few pieces of candy with each hit. They eventually enlisted the help of the older brothers. I'm not sure which one took the final whack, but it just wasn't very impressive.

So, the moral of the story is not to buy a pinata from Target. Next time, I'll go to Party America, where I have bought them in the past.

0 comments: