29 October 2009

Koi Pond

It started with a little rushing. On Tuesday I found out that my brother was out of work and needed to make rent, and I had a painting job I needed help with. I offered to pay him to help me paint my master bedroom and bathroom the next day. I had a half-hour until Aaron would be leaving work, and there is a Sherwin Williams store right by his office. I called him and asked him to pick up some Koi Pond paint, the color recommended to me by my good friend Kim, who is a fabulous designer.


I asked Aaron if he thought we would need two or three gallons of paint. He was in the middle of work (imagine that), and asked me to figure out the square footage and email him a list of what I needed. As I only had a little time, I did a rough calculation of a 10'x14' bedroom, plus a 5'x10' bathroom. I had a combination of calculator mishap and area calculation memory lapse at this point, and somehow came up with needing enough paint for 1500 sq. ft. I couldn't find coverage information on their website, so I left it for Aaron to calculate at the store.

Aaron handed my list to the Sherwin Williams clerk, and he proceeded to mix 10 gallons of paint. Aaron thought it was taking a long time to mix, and asked him how much paint a master bedroom and bathroom would normally take. The clerk thought 10 gallons sounded about right (Do most people really have a bedroom and bathroom three times the size of mine???). Aaron had been in the middle of a serious discussion at work when he answered my call, and had not remembered my question about whether I'd need two or three gallons of paint.

Aaron purchased the $394 worth of paint and supplies on my list, and brought them home - at which point I cried. I wasn't planning on spending so much on painting my master bedroom and bathroom, and you can't return tinted paint.

After 14 hours of painting yesterday, the bedroom and bathroom are now a very beautiful shade of green. However, I have seven extra gallons of paint. If anyone is interested in some very nice Kim Dray-recommended Koi Pond Sherwin Williams Paint at $31/gallon, let me know. Six gallons are flat paint for bedrooms, and one gallon is semi-gloss for a bathroom.

1 comments:

Pat said...

You should check with Connie, ask on Facebook, and I am thinking about it, too. I need to do something with the bedroom downstairs, but need to talk to Dad first.