13 April 2011

Good Morning Underwear

When Katie was potty training, I bought her some absorbent underwear. She had some regular underwear, but I was getting tired of the messes at the time. I bought her some with plastic on it for bedtime, and some with just thick fabric for daytime. I explained to her that the plastic-covered underwear was for bedtime, and that she could wear the thick underwear in the morning.

Katie has been dry at night for a about a month now, so I got rid of the plastic-covered underwear last week. I kept the thick underwear, as it is not so bulky that she can't still wear it comfortably. Last night, as Katie was changing into her pajamas, she insisted that she needed to change her underwear. I didn't understand why until she explained to me, "These are my good morning underwear. I can't wear them to bed!" I may just get rid of the "good morning" underwear if it is going to cause problems.

0 comments: