30 November 2011

In Case You are Wondering...

In case you are wondering why Stefany has barely been heard from over the past two months, I am squeezing a list out really fast right now (in my free time) of all the things I have done:

  • attended "White Christmas" rehearsals 3-5 evenings per week (mostly 5) and some weekend afternoons
  • did regular coursework for three credits of biology and three credits of English literature
  • painted the kitchen and the adjoining living room wall
  • studied college algebra on my own and somehow tested into Calculus, skipping Trig and Pre-Calc!?!?
  • completed final project for English literature course (but still have a couple weeks of class discussions left)
  • took Katie to weekly dance classes and weekly music classes
  • dealt with plumbing leaks from two different sources over the dining room ceiling (not finished with that project yet, but the plumbing itself is fixed)
  • had my parents, cousin and her daughter over for Thanksgiving
  • practiced Spanish daily with podcasts and/or online tools
  • changed my Facebook and Google Mail language settings to Spanish and translated everything that I couldn't understand as it came up
It really doesn't seem like that long of a list when I look at it here.  But it feels like a lot. Rehearsals are terribly time-consuming right now. Final dress is tomorrow, and the show starts Friday. I had a blast at last night's rehearsal. I felt really proud of my accomplishment in learning all the dances and being able to sing and dance at the same time. After next week, I will have a few quiet weeks before the next semester begins. The kids will be auditioning for Oliver in a couple weeks, but I am not. I need to have a little time off to focus on Calculus and the history course I will be taking.

0 comments: