26 January 2009

Aaron's New Calling

Last Sunday, a member of the Stake Presidency asked Aaron if he liked his calling (Executive Secretary).  Aaron does, and told him he loves it.  I told Aaron to watch out.  On Saturday, we got a call from the Stake Executive Secretary, setting up an appointment for us to visit with the Stake President for about an hour and a half from that time.  Sure enough, Aaron was called to the High Council.  That also means he was ordained to the office of High Priest.  


Aaron's assignment will be Technology, and he'll be on the Aaronic Priesthood Committee.  He will be over the Farmington Ward, the ward for which his dad was the "founding" Bishop.  His parents have since been split off into the Apple Valley ward, but the people there will probably know who Aaron is.  I guess even without the relationship there, they have been seeing him play the organ and piano and lead choirs for years now, so he will be a familiar face to many.  

Aaron's Dad ordained him yesterday after Stake Priesthood Meeting, and he was set apart by President Naatjes right afterward.  They were very interesting blessings.  I was grateful for the blessings offered on my behalf, as I will definitely need some help with Aaron gone so much.  Especially in Sacrament Meeting.  That will be the hard part for me.  Keeping our younger three kids reverent is hard enough when Aaron is there with me.  

I'm very proud of Aaron.  He has worked really hard.  He sets a great example to our family of personal worship, getting up so early in the mornings to study his scriptures.  He has held Family Home Evenings, family scripture and family prayers consistantly.  He has gone above and beyond with his callings.  I have no doubt that he is ready for this new assignment.  

0 comments: