22 January 2009

Our Own Garbage Man

Aidan has taken upon himself the role of house garbage man. For the past week, he has emptied almost all of the garbage pails in the house daily, and I have never asked him to.  He drives himself all around the house in his imaginary garbage truck, collecting as he goes.  The only down side is that he goes through a lot of plastic grocery bags.  We have plenty right now, but give it a week, and we will start running short if I can't convince him to fill them up before throwing them out.  


His imagination is quite vivid.  If he is driving his truck around, and I ask him to do something else, he insists on parking his truck in the garage first.

Aidan got a Dustbuster for Christmas.  He really enjoys cleaning up messes with it, and has figured out how to empty it.  He has also figured out how to empty the vacuum canister, as well.  That can get a little messy, but he vacuums up the mess he makes afterward, so it is working out pretty well.

0 comments: