Baby means anything Katie likes, wants, or owns. It also means "look at me." It also means "Katie." And if you say baby in her presence, she will say, "Baby!"
We went to Once Upon a Child the other day. I took a big bucket of Katie's baby clothes to see if they would take anything. They took three things, worth $6. I guess after you pass the 18 month size, they take more. There are just too many baby clothes brought in. I brought Dallin, Aidan and Katie with me. We picked out some jeans for Dallin and Aidan that fit them great, with the elastic that buttons in the waist. I love those. We also picked out a new dress for Katie. I hadn't planned on a new dress, but I saw a beautiful Laura Ashley dress for $10, and it even had a diaper cover with it. I showed the kids, and Katie grabbed it and said, "Baby!" So, of course, I had to buy it.
I had been putting her in a very summery dress with a long-sleeved blouse under it for the past couple of weeks, as she has outgrown her knit turtleneck dress, and the Christmas dress is really not right for this season anymore. I have two Easter dresses for her, but they are definitely things she won't wear until Easter. Way too foofy. So, this dress made sense. I'll try to remember to take a picture of her on Sunday.
Katie eats her oatmeal by herself now. She likes to do it herself. It is a mess, but she does get most of it into her mouth via the spoon, so I'm letting her.
Katie is cutting molars. I'm sleepy.

0 comments:
Post a Comment