I was feeling pretty depressed last week. I was trying to figure out why it seemed like it was happening more and more often lately. I finally looked at the calendar, and then I realized that the same week each month I have been feeling this way. I looked up PMS symptoms, and yup, I hit the nail on the head. It starts about 11 days before my cycle begins, and ends a week later.
Knowledge is power, and I was able to control it a bit better last week than I have the past few months. I just hate feeling like crying for no reason, or over stupid things that normally wouldn't bother me so much. Aerobic exercise is supposed to help. I find it hilarious that I did so well at exercising every weekday and some Saturdays until I got to that week and couldn't get myself to do it for a few days. But, once I forced myself, I felt better. I also need to eat right through it, and remember my vitamins. Those two simple things are probably the hardest part for me, as I'd rather not bother getting up and doing anything, hungry or not, when I feel that way.
Does anyone else deal with this? What are your best tips for handling it?

1 comments:
I deal with it, I think. I'm not officially diagnosed, but it seems to be what fits.
My biggest help has been to make sure when my husband knows it's coming, and make sure he knows how to deal with it. It's best to talk to him when not in it. He makes sure that breakfast is ready, and encourages me to eat. He also handles my crying spells better if he knows they are coming. He also knows NOT to say "It's just pms." That's bad.
The other thing is to go ahead and get a good crying movie. A good cry helps me get it out of my system, and then I can deal with life a little better. There is a reason chick-fliks are such a big industry.
Chocolate, as much as I crave it, does not help. However, a small (like, those mini cans) of coca-cola or dr, pepper will kick one of the nasty headaches I get with them.
It's ALWAYS worse in the winter, because SAD is an issue. So, keep in mind that you only have one or two more cycles before it will get easier.
Post a Comment