06 April 2010

Decision Made

After a year of preparations, waiting, and combing through the finances, we finally made a hard decision. Aaron will not be enrolling in an MBA program in the fall. Although there was still a chance that July (yes, the website has yet again pushed out when the EFANN comes out) would bring about a financial aid package that would get Aaron through a year of school, we feel strongly that it isn't the right time for it.


Somehow, we don't feel like the time, energy and money was wasted. We needed to know, and Aaron needed some of the experiences he has had in the process. Now, Aaron will focus on two things.

First, he will try to make Microboards successful. Not that he stopped trying, but he will continue to do so. Recent developments when Kuma was in town last week made it so that he will have the authority to take charge of product development. Unlike the last time it was supposed to happen, Mitch is on board (which is a turn-around from the week before, so I speculate Kuma-san had a little chat with him).

Second, Aaron will keep looking for a new job. As much as he'd like Microboards to succeed, there will have to be some miracles in order for new projects to come together in time for them to make a difference soon enough.

Despite the peace we both feel with this decision, I feel a little bit disappointed. I was ready to sacrifice a lot in order for Aaron to go to school. I really wanted him to be happy in his employment. But, I wasn't the only one who would have had to sacrifice. The kids would have had to sacrifice a lot more, at a time when they should be taking advantage of opportunities in their own educations. With Aaron still working, they will be better prepared for their own secondary educations. Instead of us sacrificing for Aaron, he and I will make the sacrifice together for them.




1 comments:

Jess said...

Decision making is hard.