27 July 2011

Tristin's First Postcard Home (can't have had better news from him)

It's Friday when I wroth this, so I have a lot to tell you. I made friends with some people here immediately. Josiah, who is rowdy and full of camp spirit. Luke, we both think we met somewhere before, but can't remember where. Hannah Evanson, who is a venture scout, and a Mormon! There was another Mormon named Grant, but he decided he couldn't deal with camp, so he went home. I found out there's a Mormon group up here every week, so there should be church. Josiah is actually really interested in our religion, so Hannah and I have tried teaching him the lessons. It would help if you sent my "Preach My Gospel" (and my phone!) up here. It turns out the electronics rule applies to scouts only, and some counselors have Playstations set up in their tents. Oh - we have a lounge with service, so I could send pics.

(that last line referred to being able to get cell phone reception and use the camera from the phone to take pictures, which he could then transmit to the online photo album so we can see them)

0 comments: