I am happy to say that if I wanted to go to the University of Minnesota Spring semester, I could go and be counted as a Junior. I passed the Macroeconomics CLEP test last week with flying colors (which means I got a high enough score for not only Normandale to accept it, but for the U of MN to accept it, as well). I am now finishing up the last two requirements of the core coursework by taking Biology of Women and Children's Literature. However, I do not want to start paying University of Minnesota prices for courses that I can take on the cheap at Normandale. Therefore, I will continue at Normandale until I get my AA. This will also allow me to finish the prerequisites for the Economics major. I have now finished Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, so all I have left is Calculus 1. Unfortunately, in order to take Calculus 1, I first have to get through College Algebra, Trig and Pre-Calc. I am doing some self-study right now, but if I don't take the CLEP test (and pass it) by November or retake the Normandale math assessment (and pass it) I will just give up and start College Algebra next semester. I am hoping to make it through at least College Algebra by then and take Trig, though. It would be great timing to do it then, as Tristin will be in Trig 3rd trimester. We will be able to help each other that way. I would also like to take a Spanish course next semester, but am not sure how that will work with Katie. I'll see whether I can figure it out. I may have to push it out to summer. I do know that I have to get through 2 years of Spanish in order to graduate from the U of MN, so I might as well do it at Normandale and pay less, if possible. Wish me luck!
Cabbage and Potato Chowder
1 month ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment