We are down to one rehearsal. Tomorrow night is it, and Thursday we open "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." In many shows I've been in, we've felt like there's no way we're close yet, but this one is different. Nearly every scene is rock-solid. The only struggles we are currently having are with the tech aspects of it. Not all of the blackouts happened when they were supposed to tonight. Some of the scrims didn't appear when they should have. Microphones weren't always turned on when they were supposed to be. But, that's what these last few rehearsals are for. I'm going to pray that they work themselves out tomorrow.
The organization has had an order out for a new stage keyboard, and it finally came today. It is for Aaron to play. It is a fabulous sounding machine, and with it also came a really nice amplifier. However, with only one more rehearsal, it puts a little pressure on Aaron to get the feel for it, as the touch is different, and because the sounds aren't organized the way the other keyboard's were. Plus, the conductor asked Aaron to add the full violin part on top of what he's already playing, which means he will probably have to read two scores in order to do it. Every minute of his extra time tomorrow will end up being devoted to marking his music with the new changes, I'm sure.
I've really enjoyed this production. Once we got past the learning the music part of rehearsals, and onto the stage part, I could see how talented this group really is. Don't get me wrong, the music is good. It is just that some of these people don't read music, but once they get their parts, they are solid. But there are some amazing actors and dancers. I'm really glad I get to learn from them and participate with them. I am also very happy to have made some new friends.
Now, I should be ready to go to sleep. I have been a little wired after rehearsals. I think it is time for me to find a boring book to read to put me to sleep. Goodnight!
1 comments:
Break a leg!
Post a Comment