17 June 2010

A Little Good News

Aaron and I auditioned for CVFT's melodrama, "Love on the Prairie," on Monday.  I found out tonight that we both got parts as townspeople.  Aaron has some lines, and I have some solos.  Very exciting!

The director called to ask if our kids could be in it, too.  We were hoping they would ask!  The younger five will all be participating, although Katie and Aidan will be starting out on a trial basis to see if they can handle it.  William and Dallin are extremely excited about it.  Ben wasn't so sure he wanted to be in it, but when I explained what a melodrama is, he changed his mind.  Tristin and Brandon won't be involved, as they have scout camp the 2nd week of the run, and they preferred that to being in a musical.  Maybe someday they'll change their minds, like after seeing this melodrama.  ;-)

Rehearsals will be Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays for six weeks, starting next week.  The show runs July 30, 31, and August 5, 6, 7, 8.

Did I mention I'm excited?  It is so great that so many of the kids will be able to participate with us!

2 comments:

Jess said...

That's so fun!

Lizzy said...

That is so great most of your family will be participating together. I'm sure it is something they will always remember.