Aaron, Tristin and Brandon took off with Reo (Aaron's Dad) for the Boundary Waters this afternoon. As always happens when Aaron strands me with young children, I got fidgety and needed something to spend my mental strength on. As I was browsing through the Freebies 2 Deals website, I noticed a bunch of Walgreens deals that I could make some money on.
Don't I mean save money on?
No, I really do mean make money on.
Offer #1: The Schick Hydro 3 Blade Razor System has a $4 Register Rewards offer on it. Plus, I printed out a rebate form for a free Schick Hydro 3 Blade Razor System here: http://www.schickhydro.com/freehydro/. You'll need to send in the UPC and the original receipt with the rebate form.
So, I got a free Razor, and will get $4 toward my next purchase at Walgreens.
Offer #2: Like Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat or Raisin Bran? It is on sale for $1.99 right now. If you go to http://www.postnatural.com/ you can get a coupon for $2 off a box of one of these cereals.
I came out with a free box of cereal and $.01.
Offer #3: Listerine Whitening Mouthwash is $5.49 at my store right now. There is a $1 off manufacturer's coupon here: http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=14997&zid=iq55&nid=10&bid=alk061620065630f57109e7015. You'll have to scroll through a few pages to get to it. There are some other goodies on the way, so check-mark anything else off that you'd like to print out. They'll all print on the same page. Also, pick up a Walgreens in-store ad when you walk in, or if you don't want to trust that there will be one, you can print off a $3 off Listerine store coupon at http://www.walgreens.com/default.jsp. Just click on the Weekly Ad tab on the upper right of the screen, and look through the pages until you find it. Once you have done all of that printing, there's one more thing. Ring this through on a separate transaction than the razor. You will need the receipt. Mail the receipt, along with your name and address, to Dare to Wear Gift, P.O. Box 4938, NY, NY 10185. This rebate offer was in a magazine, and no rebate form was required. They will send you a $10 Visa gift card.
So, I got free mouthwash and made $8.51.
Wasn't that fun? Okay, I also had to pay for two postage stamps, two envelopes, and a few pieces of paper and ink, but after all of that I made over $11 in an hour, tax-free. I call that a pretty good run.
Now that it is done, I will go absorb myself in a book until I am so sleepy that I can fall asleep without Aaron next to me.
I just put a Sunday Coupon Preview widget on the bottom of my blog. I'm going to start looking at it and purchasing the Early Sunday edition on Saturday nights, when I think it will be worth it. I could get used to this whole making money at the store thing.

1 comments:
When I worked at Intermet, a co-worker was always telling me about Walgreen's great deals, when using the in-store flyer as well as a coupon AND sending in a rebate form, she was always getting paid to take their merchandise! I should seriously start looking at that now. Thanks for the blog!!
Post a Comment