06 June 2010

Stake Conference with C. Scott Grow

C. Scott Grow is an excellent teacher. He brings power with him when he speaks. He also likes putting people on the spot. For example, me. With no notice, at the Saturday evening adult session of our stake conference, he called me up to the stand to give a talk on how to be a mother of seven children when your husband is on the high council and travels a lot, and to bear my testimony.


I'm just glad I had an answer for his question. It was to rely on the Lord, and to be consistent in family scriptures and prayers and FHE, even when Dad isn't around. It was to have a husband who is constantly teaching our family, and who interviews the children individually monthly, going over their goals and talking about how things are going.

It was fun. :-) After I returned to my seat, he had the ushers bring microphones down the aisles and asked everyone to discuss the principles I had taught in my talk. He called on about 10 people.

I really enjoyed the night, despite the impromptu talk. When he finished the discussion, he spoke for a few minutes, and then turned the time over for some questions and answers. He gave inspired answers to inspired questions. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had in a church meeting. I learned a lot from it.


1 comments:

Lizzy said...

It sounds like a grand experience.