One of my favorite memories of a DC trip as a child was visiting the Aaron Space Museum. It was nice of them to name it after me. (My parents also used to 'run Aarons' fairly often, which meant every thing from grocery shopping to post office trips, until my sister insisted they start 'running Nancys' instead.) So of course I first had to bring the children to my namesake. I'm thinking about renaming it the 'William Aaron Space Museum', in order to appropriately pass on the legacy.
We also toured the Pentagon today. Click here for photos. (Try all day to click if you want, but there's no link. Its a security thing. Also, they don't allow you to take pictures). My favorite part was the courtyard; there's a little building right in the middle of it, and during the Cold War the Soviets saw so many people coming and going from it in their satellite photos, that they assumed it held nuclear weapons and so they trained most of their own Nuclear Weapons on it. It was, as it turns out, the most dangerous hot dog stand in the world.
Yesterday we finished our drive to DC and did nothing. Most pleasant.
Here we are at breakfast this morning. The Hyatt folks were kind enough to give us our own dining room, and the children were kind enough to not dismantle it.
.

1 comments:
I actually vividly remember that tantrum. in the front entry of the house in michigan. And I remember the look on mom's face too. A little stunned, which I at the time took to mean I had caught her favoring you. In fact, she was very good at stifling her laughter, now wasn't she.
Post a Comment