22 August 2010

Day 7

Church in Chevy Chase, Maryland.  We attended the DC 3rd ward, but yes, there is a Chevy Chase Ward.  I wish I'd taken a picture of their bulletin board with their name prominently displayed on there.  I think if Hugh Hefner ever had a city named for him, and we had a church unit there, the church would probably try to name it anything but the Hugh Hefner ward.  But Chevy Chase Ward is only medium-irreverent, I suppose.


We visited the DC Temple.  When I was a child, this was the only temple east of the Mississippi, so I saw it when my parents were ordinance workers there.  I was impressed by the decorative discs adorning the gates, and I had it in my head a long time that these were the gold plates.  


We also visited the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial at night.  Pretty cool, but not as cool as the DC Temple.

0 comments: