We can always count on either a snowstorm or illness when Aaron leaves. This time, he left on Tuesday, and on Wednesday Ben started puking.
I was at the gym when the nurse called, having an anxiety attack. I was taking a test that determines one's metabolic rate, which allows a person to know where their heartrate should be to optimize cardio training. I was supposed to keep a mask on my face for 20 minutes, which is connected to a machine that monitors the oxygen flow, with my nose plugged, and found I didn't last more than 20 seconds before I had to yank it off. Talk about claustrophobia.
The guy administering the test told me to take it home and see if I can work up to it over time. I left the gym 20 minutes after I got there (the child care center staff looked a bit confused when I came back to get the kids so soon, and Aidan, in particular, was really upset that they didn't have enough time to play).
This was all very lucky, because the school nurse had called my cell phone 9 times, because Ben had thrown up in class. We picked him up, and he looked and felt fine, and didn't throw up at all at home. Later in the day, my stomach felt awful, too. I chalk up my getting it, and no one else, to finishing Ben's food over the last few days quite a bit, due to his trying cheesecake and discovering he didn't like it, and trying a new waffle recipe that he didn't like. Luckily (I think), I don't throw up - I just feel miserable for a day, like there are rocks in my stomach, and I get really nauseus. So, the house suffered for it, but the boys did a marvelous clean-up last night, and I think we'll survive. Nobody else seems sick, at all, and I hope it stays that way.
I tried out the mask a little last night. I might be able to handle it, if I have some sort of distraction. Anybody have a good book they can recommend that can absorb me during it?
Cabbage and Potato Chowder
1 month ago

1 comments:
I'm sure its hard to have Aaron gone, and to have things fall apart when it happens just makes it worse!
I just finished reading "Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card. It was a great read- very engaging. I highly recommend it.
Post a Comment