May 11, 1997
Okay, okay, I haven't written in two months! But, I do have some excuses. I am in the church sesquicentennial musical, "Footsteps of Faith." I have one of the leads, that of Caroline. I have rehearsals every Thursday night and Saturday morning. Also, I teach cello to Emily Howard on Wednesday nights. Plus, I have my first church calling. I am the Anoka Stake Sunday School Secretary. Add all of this to my 8-4:30, Monday-Friday work schedule, and my regular church functions, and I am pretty busy.
Now, for the bitter truth. I only now have the desire to write because I want to put my feelings about Aaron Pratt on paper. It seems nothing before now could motivate me. So, I'm breaking the rule of my journal (referencing the first page of it, saying that I wasn't going to write about any of the guys I date until I'm engaged).
By the way, Aaron is not the first guy I've had interest in and/or dated since my previous entry. I hope that serves to clarify that Aaron is significant to me. I feel that if we do not stay together, even for long, I will never look back on this as a bad reflection of my judgement.
Aaron is amazing. He grew up in the church - yes, he is a descendant of Parley Pratt, one of the original 12 apostles. He is a returned missionary. He has a strong faith in the Church. Spiritually speaking, I am very comfortable with him.
As far as his personality goes, he is hilarious, in a very intelligent way. He is a bit eccentric - I can't really explain how, but he is. He is also what I consider to be a stable person, and so intelligent! More so than any guy I've ever dated. He is also a musician. He plays the piano, cello and French Horn (coincidence)! He also has a very nice voice - perfect pitch, in fact. He has the kind of voice meant to blend - I wish I were so lucky! He also composes.
Aaron is 21 - 22 in August. He graduated in '93. Sounds like a good catch, hey? Well, I haven't completely hooked him yet. He seems a bit nervous with our courtship. Heck, I am, too! I've never met anyone I've enjoyed being around so much.
Here's one amazing thing for me; I've never been in a relationship with a guy I didn't find attractive at first sight, until now! Aaron is certainly not unattractive, but I'd categorize him as very plain. However, I became interested in his personality anyway, and then I started to find him very attractive. He's adorable.
Now for the hardest thing to put on paper: I am falling in love with him. If I'm not in love yet, I'm on the verge. This scares me! Especially since I don't think he's quite there yet.
Move forward to today -
Aaron was super underweight when he came home from his mission, and hadn't really filled out much in the 9 months before I met him. When we were married, he weighed about 165, and was just over 6' tall. That puts him about 20 lbs. underweight. His face was very angular, and his hair cut was atrocious. After I fell for his personality, I fell for his eyes. Then, I commented to someone - I think my sister - that he was the type of guy who was going to become more and more attractive over the years. I was right. And, yet, it doesn't really matter. He is still the one I would rather spend my time with more than anyone else.

0 comments:
Post a Comment