29 March 2009

Seven Things Tag

  1. I quit listening to country music when Aaron stated his distaste for it when we were dating, and allowed him to believe I didn't like it, either.  I can't say I like all country music, but there are some country singers I like, such as Martina McBride, as well as some others.  A few years ago I found Aaron singing along to a country song, but he explained that it wasn't really country because it had crossed over to the pop station.  At that point, I admitted I did enjoy a bit more country music than I had let on...
  2. My musical interests are really quite narrow.  I enjoy listening to music that I can sing or could play - even if I don't have the time to practice, or wouldn't ever have the opportunity to play it.  If it isn't something I could participate in, had I the time or opportunity, I probably don't like it much.
  3. I still dream of being in a Broadway musical.  Or even a community theater musical.
  4. I have a hard time starting projects that have to be set up and put away between work periods (such as sewing).  I also have a hard time stopping, once I've started.  If you want me to get something done, give me enough time to do it all at once, or it may not happen.  Or, dedicate a space for it that no children will ever have access to so I won't have to put it away.
  5. My bedroom is messy most of the time.  So are the other bedrooms in my house.  I am trying to fix that.  We have thrown/given away many, many things lately, and continue to get rid of everything that doesn't have a home, in hopes that we will be able to live in a clean house at some point.  I anticipate my bedroom to be clean once Katie is about 4 (when toddlers will no longer bring their stuff into my room, and I no longer have to put things in my room to keep them away from children), and the kids rooms to be clean once Katie is about 6.  One can hope.
  6. I dislike throwing children's birthday parties.  Not the kind where family comes over, the kind with friends.
  7. I am trying to figure out how to go to Florida in order to be there for my 86-year-old grandmother's baptism on April 11th (yes, that's living, not proxy)!!!!!  It is Stake Conference/Easter weekend, and Aaron has technology responsibilities that could make this hard on him.  I would probably have to go out on Friday and come back Saturday evening.  It is Spring Break for my kids, so maybe I can figure out something for them to do on Friday.
P.S.  Tag, you're it!  Oh, yeah, the rules - it's seven things you probably don't know about me.

0 comments: