On Monday, Ben threw up. On Tuesday, he was fine, but I couldn't take him back to school yet. Tristin had been complaining of a mild sore throat, but it wasn't bad. Since Dallin had come down with strep last week, I decided to have them both cultured. The rapid cultures came up negative, and I took them both to school, as Ben hadn't thrown up for 24 hours, and neither had fevers or any symptoms that would normally keep a child from attending school.
Today, the 48 hour cultures grew out positive. They both have been feeling fine, are active, eating well, and have no symptoms of strep. But, I had to take them out of school and put them both on antibiotics. They will also have to wait until noon tomorrow to go back to school.
I hate strep.
On an up note, I went to the Target pharmacy for the antibiotics, and stopped for a few groceries while I was there. There is a new section of plastic dishes next to the grocery section. They are exactly what I have been looking for for months! There are seven different sets, all coordinating with each other. Four are more grown-up, with square dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and matching cups (the cups are round). Three of the sets have dinner plates shaped as a monkey (which looks like Curious George), an octypus, and a frog. Their salad plates are round, and so are their bowls. Their cups are the same cup with all three characters on them. There are also a boyish and a girlish tray-style plate with the character theme. I bought the girlish one for Katie.
Tristin and Aaron will have to have the same set, and Katie and I will also have the same set, once Katie grows out of the tray. But everyone else has their own, and they all coordinate with each other, so the table will look very festive. There are also pitchers and bowls and large serving trays and baskets (for clearing dishes?). We'll see whether I get carried away enough to purchase any of those. I think I might get a pitcher or two. I am so excited to finally have dishes that won't break when dropped, that are dishwasher safe, and that I can tell who has cleared their place properly and hold them accountable. Yay!

2 comments:
I saw those plates when I was in our target this morning and I thought they were adorable. Good call, I approve.
Sounds like I should get over to Target. Those sound cute.
Post a Comment