This morning, I took Dallin, Aidan and Katie with me to Brandon's class party. I had to have them all ready to go in order to get there at the beginning of school, which starts at 8am, so we were all up pretty early today. Brandon helped get Aidan ready, and fed Katie breakfast, as I told him when he asked if I could make it that I would only be able to do it if he helped. As it was, we rushed out the door with only minutes to spare, and Tristin had to hustle into the school when we got there so that he would have time to get his instrument to the band room before going to his homeroom.
We did an interesting craft at the holiday party. We brought a coat hanger and two colors of yarn, and cut the coat hanger about four inches from the bend on each side. Then, we bent it into a candy cane shape, leaving a small hook at the bottom so the yarn doesn't fall off, which we later bent parallell to the hanger after we were done. Next, we wrapped yarn around a 4-inch piece of cardboard, cut it, and tied a small piece of yarn around the middle of it, making what looks like a bundle of bows. This little bundle was then inserted onto the wire, through the middle of the piece we tied onto it. We alternated colors until the whole candy cane was full of the bows, making a colorful, fluffy candy cane. After pinching the bottom end, we also bent and pinched a little at the hook end.
Most people made their candy canes red and white. Some were purple and gold, which are our district's colors. There was someone there with some blue and white, and one child had yellow and white. I, unfortunately, did not have any red or white yarn, as I haven't been crocheting much lately, and Tristin used up our white two years ago when he did this craft, and William used up the rest of my red to make a crochet garland for our Christmas tree this month. So, Brandon took purple and green. I let him know I could buy some other colors, but he was fine with this. We got a few strange looks, but if it doesn't bother Brandon, it doesn't bother me. Besides, it looked quite a bit like the candy cane Dallin brought home from school yesterday. He said it tasted like sour apple. If I ever find the camera, I'll take a picture of it and post it here for you to see. I still haven't figured out where Aaron put it after that wrestling meet. Hahaha!!
There were Little Debbie trees for treats, and hot chocolate, as well. I was ready to get Katie out of there by the time the treats were served, so I didn't take any, but I tasted Aidan's to see if it was too hot, and it tasted remarkably like coffee. I'm sure the thermous the hot water was in was normally used for coffee, and there wasn't enough mix in the water, so it didn't cover up the taste. Ew.
After that, we went to Lifetime Fitness so I could get my workout in. I was short on time, so I didn't get through my cardio after my resistance workout. Apparently the clock I was looking at a Lifetime was a little slow, and Aidan wasn't very cooperative at getting ready to go and getting out to the car quickly, so we were five minutes late getting Dallin to school for kindergarten (SIGH). That's the first time I have ever gotten a child to school late. I guess there's a first time for everything. Well, we only had PB&J in the car, and I'm finding myself to be hungry again, and Katie needs her nap, so I will have to be done here. Hopefully, after that I'll be able to shower, do some laundry, and get a little rest in before the kids get home at 2:50pm. We'll see.

0 comments:
Post a Comment