The last few weeks were not nice. I had to cancel so many things, due to illnesses. The most difficult day we had was the day of Brandon's choir concert. I was looking forward to it, but it was going to be a complicated evening. You see, Tristin was going to be at an away wrestling match, and Aaron had a semi-annual director's meeting, which he couldn't skip. When I say he can't skip it, it should be taken in all seriousness - the Vice President of Sales & Marketing just had vertebrae replacement surgery in his neck, and was there in a neck brace, while the corporate lawyer, who is another director, was attending via speaker phone from his hospital room, where he had just had throat surgery. Going to the choir concert just wasn't an option for him.
I woke up that morning with Strep Throat. After going to the clinic to confirm my suspicions and get antibiotics, I thought about how I would probably have to drop off Brandon at his concert. Then I realized that Tristin's instructions had been to find us at Brandon's concert after his wrestling meet, if he got home during it. This was going to be a mess. Then, I realized that maybe Merle and Reo were coming. They normally try to, so I called up Merle. Luckily, they were able to rescue me. They came by and got Brandon, bringing a cup of Eddington's Wild Rice soup with them for me (mmm....), then waited around at the school for Tristin when he didn't get back as soon as we thought he would. Aaron came home in time to relieve them, and the evening was concluded.
I was so thankful to have their help that night. I am afraid I don't always think straight when I'm not feeling well, and I probably made the whole thing more complicated than it should have been by not getting better details about when Tristin's wrestling team would return to the school, but it was a good learning experience, and it turned out as well as it could, under the circumstances.
Aaron and I have yet to attend a 5th grade choir concert, so it will be new to us when Will is in 5th grade, as Tristin just happened to have strep the night of his 5th grade choir concert, two years ago.
Cabbage and Potato Chowder
1 month ago

1 comments:
I missed Jesse's concert last night because of the flu. Tom was supposed to tape it, but ran out of battery or tape (can't remember).
Post a Comment