Yesterday I took Ben and Katie to Lakeview Clinic for strep cultures. Ben was positive, and due to the difficulty in getting a good swab out of Katie, they are treating her, as well, since her throat looked bad and she had a little bit of a temp. (while writing this post, the clinic called, and her culture grew out positive).
Today, my throat is swollen and burning, so I'm on my way to Target Clinic for a swab. Whoo-hoo, I get a $20 Target gift card for being a new patient at the Target Clinic. We have earned $30 in gift cards for getting sick so far, and since we don't have copays for nurse only visits, and our prescriptions have been covered by insurance, we are coming out of this one ahead, financially.
That will help balance out the $35 wrestling shoes I bought Tristin last week, the $24 I spent on his shorts and t-shirt (they get the uniform and warm-ups, courtesy of Waconia Wrestling Boosters), and the $12 Aaron and I had to pay to watch our son wrestle once on Saturday, even though we were there for six hours and I worked in the concession stand for two of them. If you can believe it, $35 was clearance pricing on a price of very qood quality, however bright blue shoes. They were the only pair that were his size, and that was fortunate for me, because the other pairs cost around $170, and because none of them fit him, I didn't have to feel bad that his shoes are not black like everyone else's.
Anyway, strep is ruining my week again. I had to miss the pack committee meeting that I was supposed to lead yesterday after den meetings, as well as miss my 3rd consecutive Greek class, since Katie and Ben couldn't go to the church with us. Today I'll have to reschedule Brandon's and my chiropractor appointments (Brandon is going to treat some curvetures for just a few months), and I'll just have to drop Brandon off at his choir concert tonight by himself. Aaron has his semi-annual director's meeting today, which runs straight through dinner and into the late evening, so he can't take over.
Well, I'm off. Maybe I'll get to write a post soon that has something cheerful in it.
Cabbage and Potato Chowder
1 month ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment